Thursday, August 1, 2019

Episode 4 - Feren OS and Debian 10 (Buster)

DHD Episode 4 Ogg

DISTRO NAME: Feren OS and other travails
MY HARDWARE:
I run a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 with 8 Gb of RAM and a 500-Gb hard drive (Intel chips), and I just purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 110-15acl-80TJ with 4 Gb of RAM and a 500-Gb hard drive (AMD chips), each of which I keep partitioned into 4 partitions, each with its own distro, with an external hard drive for my data and backups.
I’m going to do things a bit differently this month and try to go through what I went through with my old and new computers with setup and installation. 

Moss - I have begun to worry that I’m under qualified to be a host for this show, as I only seem to be able to get Debian/Ubuntu-based distros to work plus a few outliers, have zero interest in Arch or Red Hat, and have some really limited viewpoints. But on the other hand, new users are more likely to relate to my experiences than they are to those of other shows’ super-experienced users, as I go for distros which would be welcomed by new users..... More

No comments:

Post a Comment